Print

Dear Colleagues,

We invite you to join us at Tufts on April 12th for the Greater Boston Digital Research and Pedagogy Symposium. This is a free all-day event that will showcase the work of students, scholars, librarians, archivists, and others working at the intersection of technology and the humanities.

Our keynote speaker will be K.J. Rawson, Associate Professor of English and Women’s, Gender and Sexuality Studies; Co-Director of NULab for Texts, Maps, and Networks, Northeastern University. Rawson works at the intersections of the Digital Humanities and Rhetoric, LGBTQ+, and Feminist Studies. Focusing on archives as key sites of cultural power, he studies the rhetorical work of queer and transgender archival collections in brick-and-mortar and digital spaces. Rawson is founder and director of the Digital Transgender Archive<https://www.digitaltransgenderarchive.net/>, an award-winning collection of trans-related historical materials, and he chairs the editorial board of the Homosaurus<https://homosaurus.org/>, an LGBTQ+ linked data vocabulary.

Here is the full description of the event: https://bostondh.org/symposium-2024/. Registration is now open (rsvp link<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdHHkfdM8bIGgms2I5TzzDQIKHfxW4ZoKHM25kL_C7pulAQUg/viewform>) and the program will be posted soon.

Please share with your faculty, students, and colleagues who may be interested in attending. If you’d like to print out a poster for your library/campus, here is a PDF<https://tufts.box.com/s/z7wydaouh23efucbtt7bi3alhwxbf628>.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out. We hope to see you there!

--
Kaylen Dwyer
Digital Humanities Librarian