Print

NULab for Texts, Maps, and Networks
Douglass Day 2023
February 14, 11:30am–12:30pm (Eastern)

Dear all,

Please join us on February 14, 11:30am–12:30pm (Eastern) for our celebration of Douglass Day, an event honoring the life and birthday of Frederick Douglass, jointly hosted by the Digital Scholarship Group, the Women Writers Project, and the NULab for Texts, Maps, and Networks. At this event, we will transcribe the papers of Mary Ann Shadd Cary, one of the earliest Black women to edit a newspaper, serve as a Civil War recruiter, attend law school, and so much more.

Our Douglass Day celebration is free and open to the public. No previous experience is necessary!

This event will be hybrid: join us in-person in the Digital Scholarship Commons (211 Snell Library) or online via Zoom. No RSVP is necessary if you plan to come in person, but please RSVP here for the Zoom link if you would like to join remotely. Please bring a laptop or tablet if you are joining us in person.

This event connects with the national Douglass Day, an annual celebration organized, in part, by The Colored Conventions Project, with local events happening across the country on February 14.

To make space for informal discussions, this event will not be recorded for public distribution. If you have questions, please contact [log in to unmask]. See the event link for more details.

Please also share this information with anyone who may be interested.

 Kind regards,

Javier

Javier Rosario
Graduate Fellow
NULab for Texts, Maps, and Networks
Northeastern University

To unsubscribe from the BOSTONDH list, click the following link:
https://listserv.neu.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=BOSTONDH