Print

Dear colleagues,

I am excited to share that submissions are now open for the Greater Boston Digital Research & Pedagogy Symposium.

We invite submissions for participation in a one-day symposium of greater Boston-area scholars, community members, library and archives professionals, students, and practitioners across disciplines who engage with digital approaches, pedagogy, and methods in humanities and social sciences research on Friday, April 12, 2024. The symposium will be a day of learning, engagement, and community building. Sessions will occur in person on Tufts’ Medford campus; a hybrid option will be available to those who are unable to attend in person.

We are especially keen on proposals that center around research, teaching, and approaches engaged with queer digital humanities and critical mapping, and that explore and emphasize issues around identity, social justice, and technology. We welcome proposals on work at various stages in the research process.

In addition to this theme, we seek proposals related, but not limited, to the following:

  *   Digital and computational approaches to humanistic research and pedagogy
  *   Digital storytelling
  *   Digital cultural heritage
  *   Digital public humanities
  *   Critical approaches to metadata, taxonomy, information architecture
  *   Ethical approaches to data collection, preservation, and sustainability
  *   Critical coding and AI
  *   Environmental humanities & climate justice
  *   Digital musicology and sound studies
  *   Community engaged DH; co-creation and co-curation with BIPOC and/or LGBTQIA+

Submissions will close January 31st, 2024.

Full CFP: https://bostondh.org/symposium-2024-cfp/

If you have any questions, reach out to Kaylen Dwyer at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

--
Kaylen Dwyer (she/her)
Digital Humanities Librarian