Print

Hello All,

FYI in case some of you are interested in the below workshop during the Open Access Week @ MIT (Oct 23-27). Please note that this is an in person only workshop.

Legal Issues in Computational Research Using Text and Data Mining<https://libcal.mit.edu/calendar/events/compaccess>
Use text and data mining (TDM), machine learning, or AI in your research and teaching? Concerned or uncertain about the legal and copyright implications involved in this type of research in various disciplines?

The MIT Libraries will be hosting Legal Issues in Computational Research Using Text and Data Mining, with Dave Hansen, the Executive Director of the Authors Alliance<https://www.authorsalliance.org/about/>. This interactive, in-person workshop with Q&A will survey existing law and policy and highlight pathways forward for researchers across disciplines, including fair use and TDM-specific exemptions to copyright.

Time: 12pm -1:30pm, Monday, October 23, 2023

Location: The Nexus, Hayden Library (14S-130)

Here is the Link to register<https://libcal.mit.edu/calendar/events/compaccess>.

I also wanted to take this opportunity to express gratitude to our friends & colleagues at Tufts for picking up the bostondh baton & keeping us connected.

Warm regards,

Ece (pronounced AJ) Turnator
Pronouns: she, her, hers
Humanities and Digital Scholarship Librarian
Data Management Services<https://libraries.mit.edu/data-management/services/> Team Member
MIT Libraries
Office Phone: 617-253-4979
ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-4890-1428