Print

[With apologies for cross-posting, please circulate widely]

Hi all,

On behalf of the Digital Scholarship Group at Northeastern University, I am excited to announce the calendar of events for the 2022 Spring Semester! All events will be free and open to the public, but all require reservations to attend. Please reserve your spot at the links provided.

2022 Spring Events
​
February 14, 12-1pm

Douglass Day<https://northeastern.libcal.com/event/8808416>

Join the Digital Scholarship Group, the Women Writers Project, and the NULab for Texts, Maps, and Networks in our celebration of Douglass Day, an event honoring the life and birthday of Frederick Douglass. At this event, we will transcribe the records of the Colored Conventions, the nineteenth century’s longest campaign for Black civil rights. No previous experience is necessary.

February 16, 12-1pm

NULab Seedling Grants Recipients Panel<https://northeastern.libcal.com/event/8808449>

A set of lightning talks presented by recipients of NULab Seedling and Travel Grants. This event will be hosted with the Digital Scholarship Group.

February 23, 12-1pm

Wikidata Edit-a-Thon!<https://northeastern.libcal.com/event/8890077>

Join Amy Ruskin and the Digital Scholarship Group for a walkthrough on editing Wikidata and the attempt to contribute to the "Neighborhood Public Art in Boston" WikiProject!

More events to be announced. Full details available on the event pages on the Library Calendar. We look forward to seeing you!