Hello fellow Digital Humanists,

Please circulate news of this upcoming Wheaton College  (virtual) event far and wide!

Pass the Mic! Create. Curate. Care.

Friday 10.22.21. 2 pm – 5:30 pm ET
Saturday 10.23.21. 10:30 am – 2 pm ET

Artists, designers, curators, scholars, and art facilitators recognize that cultural initiatives need to respond with agility and alacrity to the realities of inequity, in all of its forms. How those responses are enacted is a more complex set of questions. This online conference focuses on the political potentials of care and compassion as practiced in the arts. Participants will reflect on the differences between hearing and actively listening, and between speaking with and speaking to, in a variety of art-centered exchanges.

Participants: Lorena Ancona, Chloë Bass, Anita N. Bateman, Terrance Chism, Steven Diggs, Sarah K. Khan, Laura Raicovich, Laurie Jo Reynolds, Gregory Sholette, Lorén M. Spears, Laura Osorio Sunnucks, Will Wilson, Tanekeya Word.

Register from here.

For event news and updates follow @wheaton_history_art on Instagram.

--
Please note that for Fall 2021, the Archives is open, but we strongly encourage booking an appointment. Click here to book an appointment with me!

Kate Boylan '04
Director, Archives and Digital Initiatives
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Madeleine Clark Wallace Library, 203 (First Mezzanine)
Wheaton College
26 E. Main Street, Norton, Massachusetts 02766
o: 508-286-5821 | c: 617-780-4450
@WallaceLibrary | /wallacelibrary

To unsubscribe from the BOSTONDH list, click the following link:
https://listserv.neu.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=BOSTONDH