Print

Hello all,

We have one final DH Open Office Hours session in 2020!

Wednesday, December 2, 12:15-1:00pm (via Zoom):

Please note, if you would like to participate in this session please register through the Northeastern Library Calendar (link below). Anyone can register, but this helps us keep our events secure.  When you register you will receive a calendar invitation with a Zoom link as an attachment to the confirmation email (and not in the body of the email itself). You can register at any time up until the end of each session.

Using The Zooniverse for Crowdsourcing Research
RSVP here: https://northeastern.libcal.com/event/7304689
The Zooniverse is a popular online platform for connecting researchers to volunteers willing to help with large data classification or transcription projects too vast for a small research team to process on their own.  Two Northeastern projects are currently working with this platform to help transform their data.  Giordana Mecagni will discuss the Northeastern University Archives and Special Collections’ Boston Phoenix, 1974! project. Avery Blankenship will discuss the Early Caribbean Digital Archive’s upcoming Zooniverse project that will launch in the spring.