[With apologies for cross-posting.]

Dear all,

I’m writing now to share the NULab’s fall 2020 calendar of events, included below and summarized in the attached flyer. We have some very exciting panels, workshops, and other events planned for the fall. You can find additional details and registration information for these events at: https://web.northeastern.edu/nulab/events/

We’ll share any updates or newly-added events on the NULab events page; we’ll also circulate these through the NUDIGITAL list. If you’re not already on this list, we encourage you to subscribe: it’s a shared announcement and discussion list that brings together all areas of digital scholarship, digital humanities, computational social science, media studies, and other related fields at Northeastern University. To subscribe to the list, just visit: https://listserv.neu.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=NUdigital and click “subscribe” on the right-hand side of the page.

All fall 2020 NULab events will be virtual. These events are free and open to the public, but registration is required. Please contact [log in to unmask] with any questions.

Please share this message with anyone you know who might be interested—we hope to see you this fall!

All my best,

Sarah

Sarah Connell

Assistant Director

NULab for Texts, Maps, and Networks

Northeastern University

NULab Fall 2020 Calendar of Events

Every Wednesday, 12:15–1pm

DH Open Office Hours

Co-sponsored with the Digital Scholarship Group (DSG) in the Northeastern University Library

October 6, 2:30–4pm

NULab/DSG Fall Scholarship Celebration

Featuring lightning talks by Northeastern faculty, staff, and students

Co-sponsored with the DSG

https://web.northeastern.edu/nulab/event/2020-welcome/

October 15, 11am–12:30pm

Panel: “Social Dimensions of the Pandemic”

Featuring: David Lazer, Northeastern University

Andrea Parker, Georgia Institute of Technology

Alessandro Vespignani, Northeastern University

Jacqueline Wernimont, Dartmouth College

https://web.northeastern.edu/nulab/event/pandemic-2020/

October 28, 12:15–1pm

NULab Grant Recipients Lightning Talks

Featuring: Jay Cephas, Architecture and Urban Design

Justin Haner, Political Science

Meg Heckman, Journalism

Co-sponsored with the DSG

https://web.northeastern.edu/nulab/event/nulab-grant-recipients-fall-2020/

November 18, 12–1pm

“Speed Data-ing” research collaboration event

Featuring: Rachael Grudt, Data Science

Syed Haque, Network Science

Brennan Klein, Network Science

Stefan McCabe, Network Science

Cara Marta Messina, English

Riley Tucker, Criminology and Justice Policy, Boston Area Research Initiative

https://web.northeastern.edu/nulab/event/speed-data-ing-fall-2020/

November 19, 2:30–4pm

“Data, Activism, and Intersectionality”

Featuring: J. Khadijah Abdurahman, We Be Imagining podcast

Faithe Day, Purdue University

Sureshi M. Jayawardene, San Diego State University

Angel David Nieves, Northeastern University

https://web.northeastern.edu/nulab/event/activism-and-intersectionality/

November 30, 2:30–4:30pm
Workshop: Python and Text Analysis for Absolute Beginners
Led by: Jen Ferguson and Sarah Connell
Co-sponsored with Research Data Services in the Northeastern University Library
https://web.northeastern.edu/nulab/event/python-workshop-fall2020/

December, date TBD

Panel: “What do the data tell us about election 2020?”

NULab/Shorenstein Center Misinformation Speaker Series

Registration is required; see event links for details, updates, and registration.

October 7, 11am–12pm

Young Mie Kim, University of Wisconsin-Madison

https://shorensteincenter.org/event/speaker-series-misinformation-young-mie-kim-2/

October 21, 11am–12pm

Natalie Jomini Stroud, University of Texas at Austin

https://shorensteincenter.org/event/speaker-series-misinformation-natalie-jomini-stroud-2/

To unsubscribe from the BOSTONDH list, click the following link:
https://listserv.neu.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=BOSTONDH