This looks really helpful, Anna! Thanks!

Kathryn

On Thu, Sep 24, 2020 at 4:24 PM Kijas, Anna E <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Dear Colleagues,

I’d like to share with you this newly released resource created by members of the ACH Executive Council and Standing Committees: A guide towards anti-racist technical terminology.

Earlier in the summer, the ACH Executive Officers and Executive Council released an ACH statement on Black Lives Matter to affirm our commitment with the Black Lives Matter protest movement and to collectively vocalize our outrage by the continued police violence against BIPOC people. As part of this statement, we identified a set of actions that will allow the organization to deepen its commitment to anti-racist principles. This guide was identified as one of these action items.

Additionally, here is a short blog post written by Rebecca Sutton Koeser about the guide with an invitation for folks to contribute additional terms.

Please share widely!

Best,

Anna

Council Representative, ACH Executive Council

Chair, ACH Affiliation & Liaisons Committee

Please note: Lilly Music Library will reopen with reduced hours and staffing on September 14, 2020. Hours and additional details can be viewed at https://tischlibrary.tufts.edu/use-library/lilly-music-library. Updates about library services can be found at https://tischlibrary.tufts.edu/about-us/news/2020-03-16-9900. All instruction, meetings, and consultations will be conducted over Zoom.

Anna E. Kijas

Head, Lilly Music Library

Granoff Music Center

Tufts University

20 Talbot Avenue, Medford, MA 02155

Pronouns: she, her, hers

Book an appointment | (617) 627-2846

To unsubscribe from the BOSTONDH list, click the following link:
https://listserv.neu.edu/cgi-bin/wa?TICKET=NzM3NzIyIHRvbWFzZWtfa2F0aHJ5bkBXSEVBVE9OQ09MTEVHRS5FRFUgQk9TVE9OREggIHryFMfuVO0J&c=SIGNOFF

To unsubscribe from the BOSTONDH list, click the following link:
https://listserv.neu.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=BOSTONDH