Dear Colleagues,

I’d like to share an announcement about the upcoming Prague Digital Humanities in Early Music Research workshop series circulated by Jan Hajič. Please see his message below.

*****

The session will focus on how the various digital tools that we as musicologists have at our disposal are brought together to create digital editions, and how new knowledge can be extracted from the encoded data. We are pleased to announce that this time we will have speakers from the Corpus Monodicum (CM) project and THesaurus Musicarum Germanicarum (TMG) project, with the following programme:

October 5th, 4-5 PM CET: Digital editing and the printed book – methodological and practical perspectives on the hybrid-edition of the manuscript Pa 1139  — Konstantin Voigt (Uni Freiburg, CM)

October 6th, 4-6 PM CET: Corpus monodicum – Infrastructure and workflows of a large scale digital edition project

Tim Eipert (Uni Würzburg, CM)

October 12th, 4-5 PM CET: Knowledge extraction and modelling in the project Thesaurus Musicarum Germanicarum — Christophe Guillotel-Nothmann (IReMus, CNRS, Sorbonne Université, TMG)

The abstracts of the talks are included in the attached PDF. Given the pandemic situation, the session will again be held virtually, but given the lively discussions in session II, we believe it should be worthwhile regardless of this format. As evidenced by this email, the language of the session will again be English.

As with session II, there is a registration form:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScUCyHY_j_9gjbHWHdF8yv4ca3mDZqFJ1okKlZ7pBRSAu_L0Q/viewform?usp=pp_url

If you wish to be at the workshop, please fill in the form and we will send the Zoom meeting link to the e-mail address you give us there. Registration is open up until October 1st. Since virtual meetings will most likely not be subject to participant limits due to epidemiological concerns, please do not hesitate to circulate this invitation among your colleagues, students, and anyone who might also be interested!

We are very much looking forward to this.

With best wishes on behalf of the OMNF project,

Jan Hajič

______________________________

Jan Hajič, jr.

SMNF — www.smnf.cz

*****

Please note: Lilly Music Library will reopen with reduced hours and staffing on September 14, 2020. Hours and additional details can be viewed at https://tischlibrary.tufts.edu/use-library/lilly-music-library. Updates about library services can be found at https://tischlibrary.tufts.edu/about-us/news/2020-03-16-9900. All instruction, meetings, and consultations will be conducted over Zoom.

Anna E. Kijas

Head, Lilly Music Library

Granoff Music Center

Tufts University

20 Talbot Avenue, Medford, MA 02155

Pronouns: she, her, hers

Book an appointment | (617) 627-2846

To unsubscribe from the BOSTONDH list, click the following link:
https://listserv.neu.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=BOSTONDH