Dear Colleagues,

We appreciate your patience while the Organizing and Program Committees along with the MEI Board worked to identify next steps for the canceled Music Encoding Conference.

One positive piece of news that we’d like to share is that we will hold a lighter version of this conference in a virtual setting. There will be no charge for the virtual conference. Details for the virtual conference are still being determined and will be shared in the next few weeks via email and on the conference website, https://music-encoding.org/conference/2020/. Please note that the MEC will resume as an in-person conference in succeeding years.

We will refund all registration fees that have been paid. We ask that registered participants, including students who were awarded bursaries, send an email to [log in to unmask] indicating whether they would like to

Due to the cancellation of the in-person conference, student bursaries will not be awarded this year.

We are currently exploring the following formats for the virtual conference via Zoom and Slack:

The Program Committee Chair will reach out to individuals with accepted papers, posters, and workshops to ask if they are interested in participating in a virtual conference and to identify next steps.

As plans solidify for the virtual conference, we will share updates and instructions for joining the virtual conference on the Music Encoding Conference website and through other channels. Please stay tuned.

We hope that you and your loved ones are healthy and safe during this world-wide public health crisis.

With best wishes,

Anna E. Kijas, Chair, Organizing Committee

Richard Freedman, Chair, Program Committee

Elsa De Luca, MEI Board

Please note:  Lilly Music Library librarian & staff are working remotely, beginning March 13, 2020, because of COVID-19. Information about library services and support available during this time is available here. Meetings and consultations will be conducted over Zoom.

Anna Kijas

Head, Lilly Music Library

Granoff Music Center

Tufts University

20 Talbot Avenue, Medford, MA 02155

Pronouns: she, her, hers

Book an appointment | (617) 627-2846

To unsubscribe from the BOSTONDH list, click the following link:
https://listserv.neu.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=BOSTONDH