Print

Dear all,

DH-WoGeM will be presenting a poster at DH 2019 that we’re hoping will generate a lot of interest and discussion! Our poster takes the form of a dress with a description of the group’s activities to date on the front, and the text of the write-ups from our first conversations on the back. Katie McDonough will be wearing it for the poster session, and I’ll be traveling to Utrecht with a plastic skeleton to wear it during the rest of the week. If you’ll be in Utrecht and would like to join us by wearing one of the fedoras or ties we’ve put together to go along with the dress, please let me know!

One of our other goals for the conference was to put together a draft of a proposal to become an official ADHO SIG (special interest group). This would get us a guaranteed workshop at the annual conference, as well as recognition and visibility at the level of international DH. It sounds like, given the organizational changes at the ADHO leadership level, it’s not going to be possible to submit it to ADHO at the conference itself, but it’d be wonderful to get your feedback and comments on the draft, which I’ll also be linking from the DH-WoGeM website homepage.

Here’s the link to the first draft: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OtlsZtUe_rI2GQ-0xSCtbiyO3H12YWEG2ioQXbI0Lno/edit#
If you’d like to edit the document directly, just request editing permissions, and I’ll happily grant them.

Many thanks,
Quinn