Print

All-

Below is the announcement for DH2020. Please, please, consider applying to
the conference. Laura Estill (PC Chair), Connie Crompton (LO Chair), and I
hope that DH-WoGeM members see it as an opportunity to promote all the
incredible work you all are doing to DH more generally.

If you have questions, let me or Laura Estill know off list at

best-

Jen

------

The Alliance of Digital Humanities Organizations (ADHO) invites
contributions of proposals for its annual conference, Digital Humanities
2020: “Carrefours/Intersections”.
<http://dh2020.adho.org/guidelines/conference-details/#theme>

The conference will be held July 20-25, 2020 at Carleton University and the
University of Ottawa in Ottawa, Canada. Conference Submissions will be
welcomed from August 15- October 15, 2019. More details are available at
dh2020.adho.org.

The theme of the 2020 conference is “Carrefours/Intersections,” a place
where roads or streets meet. We specifically invite proposals that relate
to our sub-disciplinary conference interests
<http://dh2020.adho.org/guidelines/conference-details/#theme>: First
Nations, Native American, and Indigenous Studies; public digital
humanities; and the open data movement. We welcome all who identify
themselves as working in the broad variety of disciplines, methodologies,
and pedagogies that the digital humanities encompasses.

Submissions may include:

   -

   Posters <http://dh2020.adho.org/guidelines/conference-details/#poster>
   (abstract 250-500 words)
   -

   Lightning talks
   <http://dh2020.adho.org/guidelines/conference-details/#lightning> (5
   minutes; abstract 200-250 words)
   -

   Short presentations
   <http://dh2020.adho.org/guidelines/conference-details/#shortpresentations>(10
   minutes; abstract 250-500 words)
   -

   Long presentations
   <http://dh2020.adho.org/guidelines/conference-details/#longpresentations>(20
   minutes; abstract 750-1000 words)
   -

   Panels <http://dh2020.adho.org/guidelines/conference-details/#panels>
   (90 minutes; abstract 250 words + 300-500 word overview)
   -

   Forums <http://dh2020.adho.org/guidelines/conference-details/#forum>(90
   minutes; abstract 500 words)
   -

   Pre-conference workshops and tutorials
   <http://dh2020.adho.org/guidelines/conference-details/#workshops-tutorials>(2
   hours or 4 hours; 250-word overview plus syllabus and/or relevant existing
   tutorials)

Please consult the full call for proposals in your selected language:
Algonquin <http://dh2020.adho.org/cfps/cfp-anishinabeg/>, English
<http://dh2020.adho.org/cfps/cfp-english/>, French
<http://dh2020.adho.org/cfps/cfp-francais/>, Spanish
<http://dh2020.adho.org/cfps/cfp-espanol/>, German
<http://dh2020.adho.org/cfps/cfp-deutsch/>, Italian
<http://dh2020.adho.org/cfps/cfp-italiano/> for more details.

In addition, we welcome nominations for the following:

   -

   Keynote & Plenary Panelist Nominations
   <http://dh2020.adho.org/cfps/plenary-speaker-nomination/>
   -

   Conference Reviewers <http://dh2020.adho.org/cfps/reviewers/>

Questions related to this announcement should be directed to the DH2020
Program Chairs, Laura Estill and Jennifer Guiliano at [log in to unmask]