Print

Dear colleagues,

Thanks for being a registered MCX/MMC/MCX-CL user and your support of our Monte Carlo modeling software. It is our great pleasure to let you know that we have put together a new release, v2019.3, for MCX, MMC and MCX-CL. As a registered user, you can directly access these new packages from the below URL

https://sourceforge.net/projects/mcx/files/

We highly recommend downloading the all-in-one package, MCXStudio, to ease installation - it contains all updated software modules including MCX/MMC/MCXCL/MCXLAB/MMCLAB/MCXLABCL.

All released packages have packed significant improvement of our modeling tools, both in functionality and usability, and are results of our continuous development of these utilities and novel MC algorithms.  Among many of the significant improvements, a subset is listed below

For all released MCX tools, we have provided pre-compiled binaries and matlab mex files for 64bit Windows, MacOS and Linux platforms. These tools are designed to be highly portable - built to be both forward and backward compatible to nearly all generations of GPU/CPU hardware. You do not need to install special libraries (such as CUDA) because the libraries are already compiled into the binaries. In most cases, all you need is a properly installed graphics driver (which you already have).

To read more about this new release, please browse our detailed Release Notes on our Wiki:

http://mcx.space/wiki/?Get

If you have any questions, please feel free to direct those to our forum at

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/mcx-users

Enjoy the new software!

Qianqian Fang, PhD
Assistant Professor
Dept of Bioengineering, Northeastern University

PS: if you wish to read more about the new algorithms implemented in this release, please check out our new papers online

Shijie Yan, Anh Phong Tran, Qianqian Fang*, “A dual-grid mesh-based Monte Carlo algorithm for efficient photon transport simulations in complex 3-D media,” J. of Biomedical Optics, 24(2), 020503 (2019).
Browse: https://doi.org/10.1117/1.JBO.24.2.020503

Yaoshen Yuan, Leiming Yu, Zafer Doğan, Qianqian Fang, "Graphics processing units-accelerated adaptive nonlocal means filter for denoising three-dimensional Monte Carlo photon transport simulations," J. of Biomedical Optics, 23(12), 121618 (2018).
Browse: https://www.osapublishing.org/abstract.cfm?uri=OTS-2018-JTh3A.41

Ruoyang Yao, Shijie Yan, Xavier Intes, Qianqian Fang, "Accelerating Monte Carlo forward model with structured light illumination via 'photon sharing'," Photonics West 2019, paper#10874-11, San Francisco, CA, USA.
Browse: https://www.spiedigitallibrary.org/conference-presentations/10874/108740B/Accelerating-Monte-Carlo-forward-model-with-structured-light-illumination-via/10.1117/12.2510291?SSO=1

To unsubscribe from the MCX-NEWS list, click the following link:
https://listserv.neu.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=MCX-NEWS