Print

Dear all,

Please find below a call for artworks for the 2019 ACM/EG Expressive Symposium.

Best,

Steven

Hello all,

This year I’m co-chairing the Arts Program in the ACM/EG Expressive 2019 symposium (http://expressive.graphics/2019/) together with Daniel Berio from Godsmiths University of London. This year the Expressive Symposium will be co-located with Eurographics 2019 in Genova, Italy. Please read the call for artworks below. For students, I also recommend submissions to the posters track.

Call for Artworks — Generative Chronicles

Artwork submission deadline: Rolling notification, closes March 15, 2019

All deadlines are at 23:59:59 UTC/GMT

What are the possible transformations and processes underlying the genesis of a visual form? For the Expressive 2019 Arts Program, we invite artwork submissions that explore, visualize, challenge, or reflect upon the process embedded in the artwork itself. This includes, but is not limited to:

• Simulations and visualizations of biologically inspired growth/decay processes;
• Procedurally-generated graphics and expressive animations that highlight the steps required for their generation;
• Digital elaborations upon the cognitive and motor processes underlying the act of human art making (e.g. painting/drawing/sculpting);
• Rule-based design systems that generate a myriad of visual outcomes;
• Multimodal visualizations exploring the art-making process;
• Projects that utilize glitches or explore serendipity.

Projects may take the form of computer animations and interactive installations, but we also welcome prints, digitally fabricated objects, as well as handmade drawings or design notes.

For each submission, we require an extended abstract of 2 to 4 pages. The extended abstract should describe, illustrate, and discuss how the work relates to the theme of Generative Chronicles or to the Expressive Symposium’s focus on expressive understanding, expressive communication, and expressive interaction. We suggest the inclusion of at least one representative image in the extended abstract.

Submissions can also optionally include supplementary materials, such as additional images, links to a video or website, and technical and installation requirements. Extended abstracts will be published in the ACM/EG Expressive 2019 conference proceedings, and archived through the ACM Digital Libraryand Eurographics Digital LibraryWe also encourage dual submissions to the Arts Program and the main Expressive papers track. The authors of accepted works will be invited to present their work through a panel discussion or short oral presentation within the main Expressive 2019 conference. All submissions must be made through the Eurographics SRM conference submission site.

Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit extended versions of their manuscripts to be considered for publication in a special section of Computers & Graphicsjournal (Elsevier) via a fast-track review process.

Please feel welcome to contact the Arts Program chairs Pedro Cruz and Daniel Berio at [log in to unmask]if you have any questions.

For detailed instructions to submit artworks and other materials, please view the submission instructions.

To unsubscribe from the NUVIS-LIST list, click the following link:
https://listserv.neu.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=NUVIS-LIST