Print

(from Atsushi Fujimura, University of Guam)

Dear colleagues,

I believe some of you are interested in the following session at the 2020 Ocean Sciences Meeting.

PI005 - Population Connectivity in Aquatic Ecosystems
https://agu.confex.com/agu/osm20/prelim.cgi/Session/84576

If you plan to attend the meeting, please consider submitting an abstract to our session.

Session Description:
Geographical distribution of aquatic organisms is determined by numerous bi=
otic and abiotic factors. Advanced tools and methods (e.g., biophysical mod=
el, tracking larvae, tank experiment on larval traits) developed last decad=
es allow us to further understand connectivity of subpopulations. This sess=
ion will integrate new studies and findings on population connectivity and =
related processes (e.g., transport, dispersion, recruitment, settlement, co=
mpetition) of aquatic organisms (e.g., invertebrates, fish, algae, mangrove=
, holoplankton including bacteria and viruses) in any aquatic habitats (ope=
n ocean, deep sea, coastal zone, estuary, river, etc.) across a range of sp=
atial and temporal scales. Studies contributing to understand basic mechani=
sms of aquatic transport and connectivity are expected, but we also solicit=
 studies dealing with temporal and spatial population/community dynamics du=
e to natural/anthropogenic disturbances. Interdisciplinary study using gene=
tic population data, laboratory experiment, modeling (numerical, statistica=
l, conceptual), in-situ observations, remote sensing as well as innovative =
approaches are encouraged.

Thank you,

Session Organizers:
Atsushi Fujimura, University of Guam
Satoshi Mitarai, Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology
Claire Paris, University of Miami
Peter Buston, Boston University