Print

Hi Randy, I’ve pasted this into your survey, but maybe it would be valuable to have it here too. In general I don’t find constrained surveys comfortable, but this seemed to fit into the comments box you provided.

For me, by far the most significant evolutionary question is about the conditions that allow species to adapt to future climate? Which species will be most likely to? And how much will such adaptation slow the ecosystem impacts of climate change in the oceans? Most of your questions address this at some level, but they are far too deep in the weeds. Each system will demand a slightly different approach. But the key thing is to keep the above questions paramount.

thanks, and good luck

Steve
Stephen Palumbi
Jane and Marshall Steel, Jr. Professor of Marine Biology
Stanford University
Hopkins Marine Station
microdocumentaries at http://microdocs.org