Print

Dear all,

Please join us on Thursday, February 7th from 4:00 to 6:00pm at 909 Renaissance Park for "Punching History in the Face: how podcast journalism is challenging the dominant narrative of America’s past" with Jack Hitt and Chenjerai Kumanyika, co-creators of Gimlet Media’s new Peabody award-winning history podcast “Uncivil.”

About Uncivil
"Uncivil brings you stories that were left out of the official history of the Civil War, ransacks America’s past, and takes on the history you grew up with. We bring you untold stories about resistance, covert operations, corruption, mutiny, counterfeiting, antebellum drones, and so much more. And we connect these forgotten struggles to the political battlefield we’re living on right now. The story of the Civil War — the story of slavery, confederate monuments, racism — is the story of America."

Co-sponsored with the College of Arts, Media and Design; the Program in African and African-American Studies; the School of Journalism; and the Departments of Communication Studies and History.

This event is free and open to the public, but if you are not a member of the Northeastern community, please email Sarah Connell ([log in to unmask]) to RSVP. Light refreshments will be served.

Please see the event page and attached flyer for details: https://web.northeastern.edu/nulab/event/uncivil/.

We hope to see you there!

To unsubscribe from the BOSTONDH list, click the following link:
https://listserv.neu.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=BOSTONDH