Hello All:

(with apologies for cross posting)

Please see below for details about our GIS Day Celebrations here at Northeastern.  Feel free to reach out with any questions you may have.  We look forward to see you there!

Best,
Mahala

---

Mahala Nyberg

Coordinator, Digital Scholarship Group

Northeastern University Library

Please join us as we celebrate GIS Day 2019!   Wednesday November 13th

Research Data Services, Digital Scholarship Group, NULab for Texts, Maps, and Networks, and Spatial-Relationships LLC will co-sponsor two local events as part of an international celebration of geographic information systems (GIS) technology at Snell Library.

This year will mark the 20th annual GIS Day, which we will celebrate with two events. In these events, we will get together to enrich the campus map of Northeastern University and to improve an ongoing Humanitarian OpenStreetMap project.

No mapping background is necessary.

We will have a raffle to give away five individual ArcGIS for Personal Use licenses (gifted by the ESRI GIS Day Team) to be distributed at the GIS Day event. Each is worth $100 and includes access to multiple extensions!

Wednesday November 13th

10-12 pm

SL-211 Media Lounge, Digital Scholarship Commons, Snell Library

RSVP Here: https://northeastern.libcal.com/calendar/snell/ArtGISDay2019

NU Campus Art Displays Survey:

Smartphones required

In this event we will use ESRI Survey 123 to collect locations, descriptions, and pictures of all of the art displays within the NU campus. Once the data is collected and sent to the ArcGIS server, we will be able to see the data in real-time on an ArcGIS Online map.

Please follow the link below to join us!

http://bit.ly/ArtGISDAY19

Wednesday November 13th

12-2 pm

SL-211 Seminar Space, Digital Scholarship Commons, Snell Library

RSVP Here: https://northeastern.libcal.com/calendar/snell/MapathonGISDay2019

Pizza will be served

Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Mapathon:

Laptops required

We are collaborating on the Humanitarian OpenStreetMap project (HOTOSM), creating maps on the OpenStreetMap platform. Even if you have no mapping background you can use your laptop to create critical maps of building footprints and road centerlines; we will provide instruction! Capturing roads and buildings through a HOTOSM mapathon, will directly help the ongoing humanitarian effort to help communities in need.

Please follow below instruction before attending the mapathon:

http://bit.ly/2NGxYZt

GIS Facilitators:

These two events will be instructed by Bahare Sanaie-Movahed, Sr. Research Data Analyst, who supports GIS and Geospatial services at Snell Library (more) and James Armstrong (link).

James Armstrong is a 30 plus year Geospatial Professional and a part-time professor at NU. He is also a partner in Spatial Relationships, LLC, a Boston based Woman Business Enterprise (WBE) GIS Consulting Firm that provides on-demand teams of expert Geospatial Professionals to ensure organizations have the capability to deliver on existing and future goals, manage business risk, and increase profitability. Spatial Relationships was born out of the necessity to create new flexible and affordable ways to work that support organizations to manage ever-increasing demands as well as the need to support the community of Geospatial Professionals.

To unsubscribe from the BOSTONDH list, click the following link:
https://listserv.neu.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=BOSTONDH