Print

Digital Commonwealth needs your help!

We are seeking to fill several openings on our Board of Directors. We are also looking for people to join our committees and for one or two people from member institutions to serve on our board nominating committee.

Nominating Committee

The nominating committee is a commitment of approximately five hours between now and May. Serving on the nominating committee means you would not be eligible to be a candidate for the board this year, but it does not affect your eligibility for future years. If you’re interested in helping us recruit board candidates, please contact Kate Boylan at [log in to unmask] by March 8.

Board Member Nominations

Anyone from a current Digital Commonwealth member institution is encouraged to submit their name for consideration for a board position. We aim to have a board that is representative of the communities we serve across Massachusetts and of our member institutions, and to have a balance of skills. New board members will be invited to attend the June 2018 meeting, and their terms begin in July.

A term is expected to last for a minimum of two years, many terms last three years, and some board members serve longer. We currently meet once a month from 10 AM – 12 noon, on the third Tuesday of the month. Meetings are typically in Marlborough but we also have some meetings online or elsewhere.

If you are interested in joining the board of Digital Commonwealth, please send a short statement explaining why you would like to serve along with a resume by April 30 to Kate Boylan at [log in to unmask]. The current board will decide on new members, with the advice of  the nominating committee, at its meeting on May 21.

Committees

Please also reach out if you would be interested in more information about joining one of our year-round committees:

whether or not you are interested in serving on the board. Most committees meet once a month by phone. We are always interested in more people for these committees, and they do not have a nominating process. Your institution does not need to be a member in order for you to serve on a committee.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely

The Digital Commonwealth Board of Directors

--
Kate Boylan '04  A button with "Hear my name" text for name playback in email signature
Director, Archives and Digital Initiatives

To unsubscribe from the BOSTONDH list, click the following link:
https://listserv.neu.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=BOSTONDH