Print

Hi all,

To sum up where we’re at, at the moment, it looks like we’ve got one preference + logistical reasons to not permit attachments, with the caveat that we may have to revisit this or think of a good workaround for people with mandatory email signing.

We’ve also got one stated preference for moderation, but in the absence of a groundswell of volunteer moderators, realistically we’ll need to keep it open so things don’t get backed up. Any volunteer moderators in the wings?

Also, barring any objections, I’ll register dhwogem.org tomorrow evening (Pacific time) so we can get a landing page for the mailing list and announcing upcoming events.

I’ll also start looking into whether I can wrangle some mothers/parents together to contribute to a discussion in January about parenthood (how to make it work at various career stages, what others have asked for at work, at conferences, at events by way of accommodations, etc.). Admittedly, some of this will probably be US-centric, given our abysmal national paid leave policies, but it’d be great to have a few perspectives from outside the US about career-impact issues that are applicable everywhere.

If someone else has another discussion topic they’d like to lead in January, I wouldn’t mind having some more time to put this together — let me know?

Thanks,
Quinn