Print

Dear colleagues,

I am truly sorry for the annoyance caused by the mass emails circulating
in the list today.

I spoke to the IT department of my University, and got some idea what
went wrong.

Despite that the mailing list was requested as a "1-way
announcement-only" list, some parameters were not created correctly (and
I apologize for not verifying this before posting messages to this list).

*I can confirm that this issue has now been fixed.* If anyone would like
to manually removed from the list (see below for email-based options),
you should directly send an email to me ([log in to unmask]); your reply to
the list will be rejected (so that the message won't be delivered to
everyone).

Secondly, I received several requests that the unsubscribe links failed
to work (I did test this feature previously and it did work on my
computer). This might be a result of special encodings on your computer
or server glitches. I've asked the IT department to report this to
Listserv support, and find out what might be the cause.

In the meantime, if you still have difficulty to unsubscribe by clicking
on the link, you may try unsubscribing by email (I also tested this, and
it worked), simply by sending an empty message to*
*

<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

from your subscribed account. Once sent, you should receive a
confirmation message shortly. If your email has already been manually
removed, your confirmation email should indicate that your email is not
in the list.

Again, I am sorry for the inconvenience caused by our setting glitches.
Please accept my sincere apology.

This mailing list should stay silent for now.

Qianqian