On 08/09/2018 11:54 AM, Thereza Cury Fortunato wrote:
Hi,

I have a doubt. My simulating system is made of 3 parts: 1 is air, 2 is a medium without absorption but with a refractive index different from air and 3 is a scattering and absorving medium, but my result when set to 'flux' is a matrix of zeroes in region 2.
What does the output 'flux' really bring me back in this case? The flux should not be zero in region 2.

hi Thereza

the method used in the initial mcx implementation could get
fluence in non-absorbing area, but around 2010, it was changed
to a more common approach by converting from
energy deposition. if a medium has no absorption, then the
energy deposition is zero, thus, it produces a zero fluence.

a work-around to that is to set a very small absorption to the
medium's mua.

Qianqian

thanks

Thereza