Print

(You received this message because you are a registered user of MCX (http://mcx.space) - an open-source Monte Carlo photon transport simulator - and had indicated that you wanted to be notified for future updates in your registration form. If you are no longer interested in this software, please feel free to click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of this email. In that case, we apologize for the inconvenience.)

Dear colleagues,

We would like to thank you for downloading and registering MCX and MMC (http://mcx.space) in the past.

We send this message as a reminder that you had elected to be notified for MCX/MMC software updates in your registration form. As a result, you are a current subscriber to an announcement-only (thus, spam-free) mcx-news mailing list. We are about to make several important announcements related to a new release we put together.

For those of you who had registered before 2011, we had added your email to the [log in to unmask] mailing list previously. However, after 2011, we were not able to use this list to manage new registrants because Google stops email bulk-import support. Over the past 7 years, we have been organizing individual emails and use BCC to send our announcements. However, it became quite painful to manage this email list offline as the number of newly registered emails exceeds 1000.

To make it easier for us to deliver timely updates to our registered users, we recently activated a new mailing list, [log in to unmask], as the complementary announcement list for new registrants. I've added all users registered between 2011 and today (about 1,200 new users) to this new announcement list, and will continue using it to manage new users from now on.

A small fraction of these new users may have self-subscribed to the old mcx-news@googlegroup list; in that case, you should have received two copies of this message. Please choose one of those to unsubscribe (using the link at the bottom of this message). We will not retire the google-group mailing list. Our future announcements will be sent to both lists, so subscribing in one of those should be sufficient. Again, either mailing list is configured as announcement-only, thus, it is considered spam-free. There are only a few announcements sent per year.

Stay tuned for the new software release announcement.

Qianqian Fang, PhD
Computational Optics & Translational Imaging Lab (http://fanglab.org)
Northeastern University, Boston

To unsubscribe from the MCX-NEWS list, click the following link:
https://listserv.neu.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=MCX-NEWS