(You received this message because you are a registered user of Iso2Mesh (http://iso2mesh.sf.net) - a free MATLAB based 3D mesh generator - and had indicated that you wanted to be notified for future updates in your registration form. If you are no longer interested in this software, please feel free to click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of this email. In that case, we apologize for the inconvenience.)

Dear colleagues,

We are pleased to let you know that we have uploaded Iso2Mesh 2018 (version 1.9) to the download site a few weeks ago.
As a registered user, you can directly access the download packages from the below link

https://sourceforge.net/projects/iso2mesh/files/iso2mesh/1.9.0-1%20%28Iso2Mesh%202018%29/

Iso2Mesh 2018 is a maintenance release, containing polished software for improved robustness. A few major improvement do worth mentioning:

The source codes for all embedded meshing utilities were added to the iso2mesh package. With the added source codes and Makefile, we can potentially work with Linux distributors and make iso2mesh a standard package in the upstream repositories (as attempted in https://github.com/fangq/iso2mesh/issues/12).

In addition, a new function, extrudecurve.m, to create complex surfaces by extruding a spline was added to iso2mesh, allowing users to create more sophisticated surface and mesh models. The embedded JSONlab was updated to the latest v1.8 release, we also updated the windows binaries for tetgen 1.5.1 and meshfix 1.2. A total of 800 lines of matlab codes were added to the iso2mesh functions to fix bugs or add new features.

The new release files were precompiled for Windows, Linux and Mac, which are compatible for both 32bit and 64bit systems. Please update your iso2mesh and give the new software a try.

As an important new feature for the next milestone (Iso2Mesh v2.0), I've been working on a GUI tool, called img2mesh or i2m. This new tool allows users to build a visual meshing workflow, starting the input volumetric or surface data, and create surface and volumetric meshes step by step, and visualize the results along the workflow.

The screenshots of this GUI tool are attached. One can use the context menu to load volumetric images from nii/tiff/mat files, and then extract surface models, combine multiple surfaces with the boolean operations, apply various mesh processing steps, and then generate the tessellated tetrahedral meshes.

While this is an on-going effort, I would like to invite you to try out the new GUI tool. It has been fairly stable and already contains the majority of the iso2mesh features. To try the img2mesh/i2m GUI tool, you need to download the Github version of iso2mesh, which can be downloaded from either this File-Exchange page

https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/68258-iso2mesh

or from Github

https://github.com/fangq/iso2mesh/archive/master.zip

I appreciate very much your feedback. Please direct those feedback to the iso2mesh-users mailing list at

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/iso2mesh-users

thank you and enjoy!

Qianqian Fang, PhD
Computational Optics & Translational Imaging Lab (http://fanglab.org)
Northeastern University, Boston

To unsubscribe from the ISO2MESH-NEWS list, click the following link:
https://listserv.neu.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=ISO2MESH-NEWS