Print

Hi folks,

Here is a short update on RCN

1) Outreach

If you are interested in writing posts for our webpage or taking over our Twitter feed for a week, we have some openings in November and again in the spring. You can sign up here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UzXrg-bLqkQja8dZQwb1R76C9ps9KIOc3PzjDLz097o/edit#gid=0

We welcome posts on research, recent advancements in evolutionary and marine science, lessons in data analysis, meetings, conferences, etc. If you are a student who is interested but maybe unsure what to write about, you can contact [log in to unmask] to help us with some planned posts.

If you missed it, check out Aki Laruson's blog post on "Evolving Marine Biology" (https://rcn-ecs.github.io/2018-10-12-Laruson-EvolMarBio/)
and the Twitter takeover by @eelabfiu.

2) Activities

Right now, the steering committee is putting together a list of recommended papers for people in the network to read and discuss. In January we will start coordinated readings on a weekly to biweekly basis. We encourage you to organize reading groups at your institution, and we will provide a platform for discussing papers as a network. Stay tuned for more information.