Print

Greetings,

For the past few years, I've co-run a series of summer workshops with Chris Keathley and Catherine Grant, funded by the NEH Office of Digital Humanities called Scholarship in Sound & Image, focused on making video essays. While this type of work may not be typical "DH" scholarship, we have found it to be a huge area of growth and interest within the fields of film & media studies, as well as for anyone interested in moving images as an object of analysis.

We are pleased to announce that the workshop will be offered again in June 2019 in Middlebury, Vermont! For two weeks, you can spend all of your hours in beautiful Vermont, learning how to make video essays and participating in a robust community of practice fondly known as "video camp."

Unlike in previous years, the workshop will not be funded by the NEH, so we have switched to a tuition-driven model - hopefully participants can get support from their home institutions to attend. See the website for all of the details on timing, cost, and participation - applications are due February 1. Contact Jason Mittell with any questions, and spread the word!
http://sites.middlebury.edu/videoworkshop

-Jason

---
Jason Mittell, Professor of Film & Media Culture and American Studies
Middlebury College
208 Axinn Center
Middlebury, Vermont 05753
(802) 443-3435 / fax: (802) 443-2805