Print

Greetings, all,

The Boston College Libraries Digital Scholarship Group is excited to
announce that we'll be hosting our second Digital Scholarship Incubator
<https://ds.bc.edu/spring-2019-incubator/> this spring!

The Incubator is a seven-week series that aims to introduce major tools,
methodologies, and questions in digital scholarship, while also empowering
participants to develop a digital scholarship or pedagogy project. We’ll
focus on participants’ needs and desired areas of growth in digital
scholarship.

   - *What is an incubator?* An opportunity to develop a digital research
   or pedagogy project within a cohort of digital scholarship practitioners.
   Each week we will focus on a different topic. The curriculum includes
   sessions on user-centered design, digital exhibits, geospatial
   visualizations, and textual analysis.
      - You’ll refine project ideas through planning & peer review.
      - You’ll provide the idea(s), and we’ll provide resources to help
      develop your idea in a safe space.

   - *What’s the time frame?* We’ll begin meeting the week of January 28
   and wrap up in April.

   - *What are the expectations for participants?* We ask that participants
   commit to seven two-hour meetings, plus some additional work outside of the
   meeting sessions.

We invite applicants who are interested in joining a cohort of digital
scholarship practitioners. No prior experience or knowledge is necessary.
You can read more about this series and our previous Incubator on our blog
<https://ds.bc.edu/category/incubator/>.

Please fill out the form at our site
<https://ds.bc.edu/spring-2019-incubator/>. Applications are due November
19, 2018.