Print

Dear Colleagues,

I am sharing this CFP on behalf of Alan Karass (Directory of Library Services, New England Conservatory). Please read below for details...

Thanks,

Anna

********

The Digital Commonwealth’s 13th Annual Conference will be held on Tuesday April 9, 2019 at the College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, MA from 9:00am to 4:00pm. Digital Commonwealth’s Conference Committee invites interested speakers to submit abstracts of 1 page or less in length for 1-hour presentations centered around the theme of “Responsibilities in the Digital Age”. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to: copyright; digital security and privacy; handling collections with sensitive materials; collections and underrepresented populations; and using digital asset management tools. Speakers who have an experiential component to their presentation are strongly encouraged to submit.

Digital Commonwealth is a non-profit collaborative organization that provides resources and services to support the creation, management, and dissemination of cultural heritage materials held by Massachusetts libraries, museums, historical societies, and archives. We currently have over 160 member institutions from across the state. Our mission is to provide access to thousands of images, documents, and sound recordings so that they are readily available to researchers, students, and the general public. Digital Commonwealth provides a single point of online access to digital assets hosted by Massachusetts cultural institutions. It also serves as a repository for hosting an institution’s content. Free digitization services are provided by the Boston Public Library as part of the Library for the Commonwealth program.

Any questions regarding submissions, and all submissions, should be sent via email to: [log in to unmask]

Additional information about Digital Commonwealth is available here: https://www.digitalcommonwealth.org

Alan Karass, PhD

Director of Library Services

New England Conservatory

290 Huntington Avenue

Boston, MA 02115

617-585-1247

******

Anna E. Kijas, MA, MLS
Senior Digital Scholarship Librarian
Boston College Libraries
140 Commonwealth Ave.
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
Tel: 617-552-4253

To unsubscribe from the BOSTONDH list, click the following link:
https://listserv.neu.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=BOSTONDH