Dear all,

(With apologies for cross-posting.) I’m delighted to be able to share the NULab’s fall calendar of events, included below and summarized in the attached flyer. We have some very exciting talks, workshops, and other events planned for the fall, organized around our year-long focus on digital storytelling. You can find additional details and registration information for these events at: http://www.northeastern.edu/nulab/events/.

We’ll share any updates or newly-added events on the NULab events page; we’ll also circulate these through the NUDIGITAL list. If you’re not already on this list, we encourage you to subscribe: it’s a shared announcement and discussion list that brings together all areas of digital scholarship, digital humanities, computational social sciences, media studies, and other related fields at Northeastern University. To subscribe to the list, just visit:
https://listserv.neu.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=NUdigital and click “subscribe” on the right-hand side of the page.

These events are free and open to the public but some require registration. Guests from outside the Northeastern community who wish to attend NULab-hosted events should RSVP to Sarah Connell at [log in to unmask].

Please share this message with anyone you know who might be interested and contact me with any questions you might have.

We hope to see you this fall!

All my best,

Cara Marta Messina

NULab Fall Events
Series on Digital Storytelling

Every Wednesday, 12pm, Digital Scholarship Commons (Snell Library, 2nd Floor)
DH Open Office Hours
Co-sponsored with the Digital Scholarship Group (DSG)

Every Monday, 2pm, NULab Commons (409 Nightingale Hall)
Feminist Coding Collective

October 1, 12pm, 177 Huntington Ave, 11th Floor
“The Space Between Us”
Visiting Speaker, Ryan Enos, Harvard University
Sponsored by the Network Science Institute
https://web.northeastern.edu/nulab/event/ryan-enos/

October 5, 11am, 177 Huntington Ave, 11th Floor
“Companies and the Emergence of Economic Topics”
Visiting Speaker, Emily Erikson, Yale University
Sponsored by the Network Science Institute
https://web.northeastern.edu/nulab/event/emily-erikson/

October 11, 2–4pm, 333 Curry Student Center
Kickoff Panel: Digital Storytelling
Featuring research presentations by NULab faculty members: Michelle Borkin, Pedro Cruz, Elizabeth Maddock Dillon, Élika Ortega, and John Wihbey
Co-sponsored with the Northeastern University Visualization Consortium (NUVis)
https://web.northeastern.edu/nulab/event/kickoff-panel-digital-storytelling/

October 19, Time and Location TBD
Visiting Speaker, Peter Dodds, University of Vermont
Co-sponsored with the Network Science Institute
https://web.northeastern.edu/nulab/event/peter-dodds/

October 24, 1–2pm, 440 Curry Student Center
Digital Assignment Showcase
Co-sponsored with the Pedagogy-in-Progress series
https://web.northeastern.edu/nulab/event/digital-assignment-showcase/

October 30, 10am–12pm, 422 Snell Library
Women Writers Vector Toolkit Workshop
Co-sponsored with the Women Writers Project
https://web.northeastern.edu/nulab/event/women-writers-vector-toolkit-workshop/

October 31, 1:30–3pm, 440 Curry Student Center
“Speed Data-ing” research collaboration event
Organized by the NULab Fellows
https://web.northeastern.edu/nulab/event/speed-data-ing-2018/

November 7, 10am–12pm, 422 Snell Library
“Introduction to GitHub” Workshop
Presented by: Cara Marta Messina, NULab Coordinator
https://web.northeastern.edu/nulab/event/github-workshop-2/

November 13, 10am–12pm and 2–4pm, 440 Egan
“Introduction to Tropy” Workshop
Presented by: Abigail Mullen, Roy Rosenzweig Center for History and New Media
Co-sponsored with the DSG
https://web.northeastern.edu/nulab/event/tropy-workshop/

November 15, 3–4pm, 102 West Village G
Visiting Speaker, Nil Tuzcu, Harvard Kennedy School, Center for International Development
Co-sponsored with the College of Arts, Media and Design, the DSG, and NUVis
https://web.northeastern.edu/nulab/event/nil-tuzcu/

To unsubscribe from the BOSTONDH list, click the following link:
https://listserv.neu.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=BOSTONDH