Print

Dear all,

(With apologies for cross-posting.) I’m delighted to be able to share the
NULab’s fall calendar of events, included below and summarized in the
attached flyer. We have some very exciting talks, workshops, and other
events planned for the fall, organized around our year-long focus on
digital storytelling. You can find additional details and registration
information for these events at: http://www.northeastern.edu/nulab/events/.

We’ll share any updates or newly-added events on the NULab events page;
we’ll also circulate these through the NUDIGITAL list. If you’re not
already on this list, we encourage you to subscribe: it’s a shared
announcement and discussion list that brings together all areas of digital
scholarship, digital humanities, computational social sciences, media
studies, and other related fields at Northeastern University. To subscribe
to the list, just visit:
https://listserv.neu.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=NUdigital and click “subscribe” on
the right-hand side of the page.

These events are free and open to the public but some require registration.
Guests from outside the Northeastern community who wish to attend
NULab-hosted events should RSVP to Sarah Connell at

Please share this message with anyone you know who might be interested and
contact me with any questions you might have.

We hope to see you this fall!

All my best,

Cara Marta Messina

*NULab Fall Events*
*Series on Digital Storytelling*

*Every Wednesday, 12pm, Digital Scholarship Commons (Snell Library, 2nd
Floor)*
DH Open Office Hours
*Co-sponsored with the Digital Scholarship Group (DSG)*

*Every Monday, 2pm, NULab Commons (409 Nightingale Hall)*
Feminist Coding Collective

*October 1, 12pm, 177 Huntington Ave, 11th Floor*
“The Space Between Us”
Visiting Speaker, Ryan Enos, Harvard University
*Sponsored by the Network Science Institute *
https://web.northeastern.edu/nulab/event/ryan-enos/

*October 5, 11am, 177 Huntington Ave, 11th Floor*
“Companies and the Emergence of Economic Topics”
Visiting Speaker, Emily Erikson, Yale University
*Sponsored by the Network Science Institute *
https://web.northeastern.edu/nulab/event/emily-erikson/

*October 11, 2–4pm, 333 Curry Student Center*
Kickoff Panel: Digital Storytelling
Featuring research presentations by NULab faculty members: Michelle Borkin,
Pedro Cruz, Elizabeth Maddock Dillon, Élika Ortega, and John Wihbey
*Co-sponsored with the Northeastern University Visualization Consortium
(NUVis)*
https://web.northeastern.edu/nulab/event/kickoff-panel-digital-storytelling/

*October 19, Time and Location TBD*
Visiting Speaker, Peter Dodds, University of Vermont
*Co-sponsored with the Network Science Institute*
https://web.northeastern.edu/nulab/event/peter-dodds/

*October 24, 1–2pm, 440 Curry Student Center*
Digital Assignment Showcase
*Co-sponsored with the Pedagogy-in-Progress series*
https://web.northeastern.edu/nulab/event/digital-assignment-showcase/

*October 30, 10am–12pm, 422 Snell Library*
Women Writers Vector Toolkit Workshop
*Co-sponsored with the Women Writers Project*
https://web.northeastern.edu/nulab/event/women-writers-vector-toolkit-workshop/

*October 31, 1:30–3pm, 440 Curry Student Center*
“Speed Data-ing” research collaboration event
*Organized by the NULab Fellows*
https://web.northeastern.edu/nulab/event/speed-data-ing-2018/

*November 7, 10am–12pm, 422 Snell Library*
“Introduction to GitHub” Workshop
Presented by: Cara Marta Messina, NULab Coordinator
https://web.northeastern.edu/nulab/event/github-workshop-2/

*November 13, 10am–12pm and 2–4pm, 440 Egan*
“Introduction to Tropy” Workshop
Presented by: Abigail Mullen, Roy Rosenzweig Center for History and New
Media
*Co-sponsored with the DSG*
https://web.northeastern.edu/nulab/event/tropy-workshop/

*November 15, 3–4pm, 102 West Village G*
Visiting Speaker, Nil Tuzcu, Harvard Kennedy School, Center for
International Development
*Co-sponsored with the College of Arts, Media and Design, the DSG, and
NUVis*
https://web.northeastern.edu/nulab/event/nil-tuzcu/