Coordinated Readings for Spring 2023

Katie Lotterhos <[log in to unmask]>

rcn-ecs <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 17 Jan 2023 11:49:48 -0500

text/plain

Hi everyone!

This spring the Evolving Seas RCN has sponsored a set of Coordinated Readings on "Evolutionary Interventions".

As we are facing a looming biodiversity crisis, conventional conservation strategies (e.g. endangered species list, protected areas, catch limits) often seem woefully insufficient and more proactive or even radical practices are increasingly being considered. How can we use the rapidly evolving genetic and genomic toolbox to guide these conservation interventions? This theme arose during discussions during the Training and Integration Workshop last August.

We invite you to join our bi-weekly Slack discussions on the following papers:

https://rcn-ecs.github.io/2023_readings/

This year we will have some fun additions, including RCN Virtual Happy Hours and Evolving Seas Stickers. See the webpage for information on how to join and earn stickers.

Groups are only expected to read one paper for each discussion, but there are different papers to choose from depending on the interests of the group.

Best wishes for the new year!

Evolving Seas RCN