MarineOmics Website

Katie Lotteho <[log in to unmask]>

rcn-ecs <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 4 Aug 2022 12:59:06 -0400

text/plain

Hello RCN-ECS!

We are excited to announce the release of marineomics.github.io, a website started by the RCN's MarineOmics working group dedicated to providing accessible resources and walkthroughs for bioinformatic applications in marine science and ecological genomics. Current topics include pipelines for RAD-seq, whole genome sequencing (including low coverage WGS), Pool-seq, and multifactorial RNA-seq analyses. These topics are derived from expertise within the working group and responses by RCN-ECS to surveys about subjects of interest. Additional info about MarineOmics’ activities, such as a video archive of our 2021 panel series, is also available on the site.

This website will remain a work-in-progress, and we hope it can serve as a living document as we add and update material moving forward. To that end, we are recruiting a website manager - a paid opportunity to join the working group in order to moderate the website and author new content (see attached description). We are particularly interested in adding material that discusses the integration of different genomic data types.

If you have questions or suggestions about website material, we encourage you to use our GitHub discussion forum. If you want to get involved, you can email us at [log in to unmask] Please consider sharing this resource with your labs and colleagues as well. Thank you to everyone in RCN-ECS who has helped support this effort!

Sincerely,

Katherine Silliman, PhD (MarineOmics co-leader)

Sam Bogan (MarineOmics co-leader)

and the MarineOmics Working Group