Font:

LISTSERV Archives

RCN-ECS Home

RCN-ECS  2019

RCN-ECS 2019

RCN Evolving Seas updates

RCN steering committee <[log in to unmask]>

rcn-ecs <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 12 Jul 2019 10:35:56 -0400

text/plain

Three important updates from the Research Coordinated Network for Evolution in Changing Seas:

1) The schedule for the Synthesis Workshop is posted on our github page: https://github.com/RCN-ECS/Synthesis_Workshop
There will be opportunities to participate remotely. Some sessions and discussions will be broadcast online, and these are indicated on the schedule. We will post more information on how to connect and contribute remotely as the date approaches.

2) In Spring 2019 we had 70-100 members participating in Coordinated Readings on our Slack Channel. We have compiled a synthesis of these discussions and if you participated in these readings, we would appreciate your feedback on this synthesis (feel free to make comments directly in the document):
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mm59PzvU5oK-tsfY-fuNsoNFRIrM40vipt1pGLuJfrg/edit?ts=5cd98060

3) We've had a lot of great outreach through social media on twitter takeovers and blog posts to our webpage (check out recent posts at https://rcn-ecs.github.io/blog/ including calls for talks in a special session at WSN, corals in the Florida Keys, and biogeography of the Indo-Pacific).

Right now our social media calendar is open for the rest of the summer and the fall - you can sign up here:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UzXrg-bLqkQja8dZQwb1R76C9ps9KIOc3PzjDLz097o/edit#gid=0
We encourage early career researchers, including undergraduates and graduate students, to sign up and use our network to increase exposure for their research or other activities.

Best wishes,

RCN steering committee