2020 Coordinated Readings

Molly A Albecker <[log in to unmask]>

rcn-ecs <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 18 Dec 2019 13:11:06 -0500

text/plain

Hello RCN members!

We are launching another coordinated readings series this spring and we hope you will join us! The theme of this spring's readings is phenotypic plasticity. Despite its ubiquity in nature and in scientific literature, plasticity's role in evolution remains enigmatic. Our goal is to gather diverse minds and papers to answer the following questions by the conclusion of the series:

1. Under what conditions do we expect plasticity to evolve and in what traits? When will plasticity be adaptive, nonadaptive (neutral), or maladaptive?
2. What are the conditions (organismal traits, genomic, theoretical, etc.) in which plasticity promotes or constrains adaptation?

Like last year, we will be posting discussion summaries on the Evolving Seas slack workspace ("#2020-spring-readings" channel). We have slightly changed the format for posting, so please see website below for details. If you are not yet a member of the RCN-ECS slack workspace, we encourage you to sign up here: https://evolvingseas.slack.com

All readings and information about the 2020 coordinated readings can be found on the RCN website:

https://rcn-ecs.github.io/2020_readings/

We hope everyone has a restful and happy break!
-RCN Steering Committee